SUGGESTED READING LIST
This list is not intended to be exhaustive but will provide a good grounding in the main subject areas.
- Malting Technology. European Brewery Convention Manual of Good Practice. ISBN 3-418-00753-8
- Malting and Brewing Science: D.E. Briggs, J.S. Hough, R. Stevens , T.W. Young – Volume 1- Malt and Sweet Wort: Malt and Sweet Wort (2nd edn. 1981)
- Malting and Brewing Science: D.E. Briggs, J.S. Hough, R. Stevens , T.W. Young – Volume 2- Hopped Wort and Beer (2nd edn. 1982)
- The Biotechnology of Malting and Brewing (Cambridge Studies in Biotechnology), J.S. Hough (1991)
- Scientific principles of malting and brewing: C.W. Bamforth (2006) American Society of Brewing Chemists
- Brewing – New Technologies: C.W. Bamforth (ed), 2006, Woodhead Publishing
- Malts and Malting: D.E. Briggs (1998), Blackie Academic Publishing
- MAGB HACCP Guide
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Brewing Science and Technology (Series 2, volume 4)-Engineering (including distillation). IOB publication
- Cereal Science and Technology. Edited by G H Palmer. ISBN 0-08-035064-X, Aberdeen University Press.
- Pauls Malt Brewing Room Book 2001-2003. Available to MD candidates on request from the MAGB.